Coloradans Lick Their Lips in Anticipation of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour at Keystone Resort, Colorado.
â€œ100 Days of Summer at Keystone, Coloradoâ€ will kick off on June 24th with the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour
Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival (BRBF), the nationâ€™s premier bacon festival, announced a new partnership with the Keystone Neighbourhood Company (KNC). As part of the agreement, the KNC will host Coloradoâ€™s first Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour event in River Run Village on Friday, June 24-26. In exchange, BRBF will provide over 3,000 lbs of bacon from a variety of bacon purveyors along with its famous bacon lectures series delivered by some of nationâ€™s most brilliant bacon minds.
Mark Mathews, Executive Director of KNC, explains, â€œThe Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival is highly regarded as the leader in providing bacon enthusiasts with the opportunity to explore and express their love for bacon in a fun, imaginative and supportive atmosphere. Weâ€™re excited about this new partnership and canâ€™t wait to play host to thousands of bacon lovers from across the mountain states.â€
Brooks Reynolds, co-founder of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival, adds, â€œAs far as Iâ€™m concerned, if you havenâ€™t sampled a variety of bacon at 9,000 feet over sea level, you havenâ€™t lived. The Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour couldnâ€™t dream of a better location for our event. With KNCâ€™s help, we look forward to transforming River Run Village into a bacon loverâ€™s paradise. OHHHH, BACON!â€
In response to the announcement, bacon aficionado, Neil Pederson of Golden, CO was overwhelmed with emotion, â€œIf words could only describe how Iâ€™m feeling right now. As a native Iowan, I miss the many different types of bacon available at local meat lockers and pig farms. At times, I long for an applewood smoked bacon from a pure bred Duroc pig. Or a few slices of dry-cured bacon from a true Berkshire breed. A tear comes to my eye, just thinking about the opportunity that lies before me. OHHHH, BACON!â€
A limited number of Blue Ribbon Bacon Packages are available for $30 online through www.blueribbonbaconfestival.com. The package entitles the holder admission to the three-day event, a commemorative hat, a beer koozie, unlimited bacon samples at the Bacon Showcase, live music, bacon educational lectures and one free beer. Bacon enthusiasts unable to secure the Blue Ribbon Bacon Package in advance may purchase general tickets at the door for $30. The general ticket does not include a commemorative hat.
Just the Facts
- What â€“ Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour at Keystone Resort, Colorado
- When â€“ Friday, June 24 â€“ Sunday, June 26
- Where â€“ River Run Village, 129 River Run Road, Keystone, CO 80435
- Attendance â€“ Planning to accommodate over 3,000 bacon lovers over a three-day period
- Tickets â€“ A limited number of Blue Ribbon Bacon Packages are available for $30 online through www.blueribbonbacontour.com, while supplies last. The package entitles the holder to admission to the three-day event, a commemorative hat, a beer koozie, bacon samples at the Bacon Showcase, live music, bacon educational lectures, and a free drink. Bacon enthusiasts unable to secure the Bacon Ribbon Bacon Package in advance may purchase general tickets at the door for $30. The general ticket does not include a commemorative hat.
- Bacon Showcase â€“ The popular Bacon Showcase provides individuals with the opportunity to sample some of the nationâ€™s best bacon brands and talk directly to brand reps. In previous years the following bacon brands have been showcased: Eden Farms, Falls Brand, Farmland, Hormel, Iowa Farm Families, Niman Ranch, Polehnas, Vande Rose Farms and more.
- Bacon Bucks â€“ Available in $5 increments. Bacon Bucks will be available throughout the festival grounds and will allow participants to purchase samples of gourmet bacon inspired cuisine throughout the day. Over 15 restauranteurs are expected to attend and will be serving up delicious bacon dishes for all to enjoy.
- Bacon Lecture Series â€“ The Bacon Lecture Series brings together some of the most brilliant bacon minds providing festival attendees with the opportunity to challenge their bacon knowledge and beliefs. Past lecturers include: Jonathan A. Campbell, MS with Iowa State Meat Laboratory, Leo Landis, The Bacon Professor.
- Our Mascot â€“ A furry pig named, Blue, is the official mascot of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival and Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour.