For this weekâ€™s Weekend Cooking I am pulling out an oldie but goodie, the Bacon, Cheese, and Potato Chowder. This was one of the first recipes Beth and I made together back in 2007. Our only complaint was that it called for two strips for six bowls. It should be more like two strips for each bowl.
I am glad I found this recipe again and Beth and I will hopefully get to make it again this weekend. I have one pack of the Nueskeâ€™s Cherry wood left and this would be a great way to use it.
Bacon, Cheese, and Potato Chowder
Ingredients (Makes 6 servings)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled (originally called for 2 strips)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Mix milk and soup in large saucepan. Stir in hash browns. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into 6 soup bowls.
- Top evenly with the cheese, bacon and onions.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe that was posted on tarahsrecipes.wordpress.com