Wendy’s just sent me an email telling me about their new “Pick 2” combo menu. After reading about the new menu it confirms someone in Wendy’s corporate office is a fan of Bacon LIVE.
If you’re an avid watcher of Bacon LIVE you should know that Sean and I both tried and loved the BLT Cobb Salad from Wendy’s. Sean’s only complaint was the price; he thought it should have been a little cheaper. My only complaint was the size of the salad; I thought it was a little too big. I can’t eat a lot of leafy greens all at once, it puts my body in shock.
Well someone who makes decisions at Wendy’s heard our cries and created the “Pick 2” combo menu.
Basically with the “Pick 2”, you get half sized garden select salad and on additional item (out of seven) off the menu for only $4.99. This solves our only complaints about the new salads, price and size. It’s great having so much power and influence in the food industry.
Check out the menu which offers 28 possible combinations:
Garden Select Salads:
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, a mix of peak-season red and green apples, real blue cheese crumbles, sweet cranberries and roasted pecans, topped with warm grilled chicken
- Baja Salad, a hearty Southwestern salad that features fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and Wendy’s original chili, all topped with a red jalapeno dressing
- Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad, offering hand-chopped Romaine lettuce and sweet grape tomatoes topped with shaved Asiago cheese and warm spicy chicken
- BLT Cobb Salad, which mixes crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon with real blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and an avocado ranch dressing
Other Goodies: (you pick one from this menu)
- Wendy’s Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Wendy’s rich and meaty chili
- a Baked Potato
- a grilled or spicy homestyle Chicken Go Wrap
- Dasani bottled water
- small Frosty
- any other small-size beverage
I really like this new menu and price, but something tells me that Sean will not be as satisfied. Tune in to this week’s Bacon LIVE find out what he has to say. Also, since we have Wendy’s attention, maybe we can get them to fix the bacon at sister company, Arby’s. One can only hope.