Wendyâ€™s just sent me an email telling me about their new â€œPick 2â€ combo menu. After reading about the new menu it confirms someone in Wendyâ€™s corporate office is a fan of Bacon LIVE.
If youâ€™re an avid watcher of Bacon LIVE you should know that Sean and I both tried and loved the BLT Cobb Salad from Wendyâ€™s. Seanâ€™s only complaint was the price; he thought it should have been a little cheaper. My only complaint was the size of the salad; I thought it was a little too big. I can’t eat a lot of leafy greens all at once, it puts my body in shock.
Well someone who makes decisions at Wendyâ€™s heard our cries and created the â€œPick 2â€ combo menu.
Basically with the â€œPick 2â€, you get half sized garden select salad and on additional item (out of seven) off the menu for only $4.99. This solves our only complaints about the new salads, price and size. Itâ€™s great having so much power and influence in the food industry.
Check out the menu which offers 28 possible combinations:
Garden Select Salads:
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, a mix of peak-season red and green apples, real blue cheese crumbles, sweet cranberries and roasted pecans, topped with warm grilled chicken
- Baja Salad, a hearty Southwestern salad that features fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and Wendyâ€™s original chili, all topped with a red jalapeno dressing
- Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad, offering hand-chopped Romaine lettuce and sweet grape tomatoes topped with shaved Asiago cheese and warm spicy chicken
- BLT Cobb Salad, which mixes crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon with real blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and an avocado ranch dressing
Other Goodies: (you pick one from this menu)
- Wendyâ€™s Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Wendyâ€™s rich and meaty chili
- a Baked Potato
- a grilled or spicy homestyle Chicken Go Wrap
- Dasani bottled water
- small Frosty
- any other small-size beverage
I really like this new menu and price, but something tells me that Sean will not be as satisfied. Tune in to this weekâ€™s Bacon LIVE find out what he has to say. Also, since we have Wendyâ€™s attention, maybe we can get them to fix the bacon at sister company, Arbyâ€™s. One can only hope.