Sugardale, the headlining sponsor of my Bacon Bash event, is having a bacon recipe contest called The Great Sugardale Bac-On. Thatâ€™s right, there calling it a Bac-on instead of a bake-off. It maybe cheesy but Iâ€™m kind of mad I didnâ€™t think of it when I had my bacon contest.
The great thing about this contest is that there are three categories, which gives you three chances to win the grand prize of $3,000!
The categories are:
- Appetizer, Sides, and Entertaining â€“ This can include anything from a bacon side dish, dessert, or beverage.
- Main Dish â€“ This one is easy. Just submit your best breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner recipe. I hope you can all tell the difference between a side dish and main dish.
- Ready Bacon â€“ This is for recipes that use Sugardale Ready Bacon. I am glad they put this in a category of its own since recipes using it may have a disadvantage when being judged on bacon flavor.
To enter all you have to do is go to GreatSugardaleBacon.com and submit your bacon recipes. You can only submit one recipe per category and they must use Sugardales bacon. Then they will pick the finalists in each category to compete for the Grand BAC-ON Championship title.
The prizes are:
- 1st Place $3,000 and the title of Grand Bac-on Champion
- 2ND & 3RD Place $500 and a yearâ€™s supply of Sugardale Bacon.
To win the contest you will have to cook your recipe at the live competition that is being held at this yearâ€™s Good Taste Pittsburgh event. They will pay for you to get in to the event but if you donâ€™t live Pittsburgh you will have to find your own way here. But for a chance to win $3,000 it might be worth it.
We will be having a representative on Bacon LIVE September 1, 2010 to answer your questions live. If you canâ€™t make it in the chat room, just email me your question and I will ask it for you.