I quickly get to working looking over every recipe. Since I didn’t have time to make each one I had to make my decision based on creativity and simplicity. It was a hard choice, since there were so many good ones I could have pick, but I settled on the BLT Pasta Salad.
I chose this recipe because I like the creativity and I am a big fan of people taking something that is classic and making it their own. I also like how simple it was to make. Plus, I am always looking for new ways to incorporate bacon in to every cookout and this would do just that.
Since tomatoes are in session right now this would probably taste amazing. I will have to make this soon and let you know how it was. Just follow me on twitter (@MrBaconpants) and you will be the first to know.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium seashell or rotini pasta
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 1/2 cups light Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Ranch dressing, onion, and tomatoes. Mix in the cooled pasta. The pasta will absorb some of the dressing, so don’t worry if it seems like too much. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Crumble bacon over the top just before serving.
Recipe from My Kitchen Stories by CRovesti
Update: Aaron Tucker mentioned that this recipe is lacking lettuce. The reason for that is lettuce would wilt in the salad when you let it sit overnight. If you want to add lettuce, all you would need to do is use it as a garnish when serving. Beth had a good idea of using a lettuce leaf as a little bowl.