Its been a long time since I did a Weekend Cooking so I thought I should try to bring it back. Beth is also going to help with with this weekly segment in the future.
The following recipe was created by Mary, an avid reader of the blog. She said she wanted to try making a dip that would be simple to make and make it possible to enjoy the flavors of a BLT at any occasion. I think she pulled it off well.
The dip made an appearance at a party I had at my house a few months ago and I must say it was good. It wasn’t a heavy dip like the popular buffalo chicken dip. It had a clean taste just like a a good BLT does.
I feel that this would be a good dip to bring to a cookout, especially if you have fresh garden vegetables to use. Also I would have used a bread bowl instead of the bagel chips. I feel the addition of bread would have enhanced the BLT like flavors.
Give the dip try and let us know what you think.
Ultimate BLT Dip
- One 8 oz package of chive cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- One package of bacon (cooked crispy and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Avocado (chopped)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- 2 cups Lettuce (shredded)
- 1 package bagel chips (garlic suggested)
- Mix softened cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth. Spread into 8 x 8 pan or casserole dish.
- Spread the bacon, tomatoes, avacado, and cheese over the cream cheese/mayonnaise mixture.
- Top with chopped lettuce.
- Serve with Bagel chips.
Bonus Tip: Instead of using the cream cheese, mayonnaise and bacon, use J&D’s Bacon Ranch Dip.