This PETA magazine is so informative that it will even show you how you can eat good meals without meat. Except that almost every recipe includes some kind of imitation meat.

Could it be that mankind evolved to eat meat and that is why we have such a hunger for it? Even the Vegans can’t deny their cravings and produce products like tofu bacon and imitation chicken nuggets. Shouldn’t they should be happy eating grass and berries?

Let me go out on a limb and create a conspiracy. I’m going to say that PETA has stock in soy farms. They produce countless publications all saying that if you want to live a healthy guilt free life you need to eat soy. Then they promote soy milk, cheeses, and meat substitutes. All so they can bank in on your love of animals.

They say they are against eating meat but then try to disguise their recipes by giving them names like “Sweet and Sour Meatballs” and “Hearty Beef Cassoulet”. Why don’t they just call it what it is instead of feeling the need to trick people? Because if they did that no one would eat it, Hearty Bean Curd Cassoulet anyone?

They can’t even leave pizza alone. There are many pizza topping they could eat like mushrooms, peppers, and olives, but that’s not good enough for them. They want you to use veggie bacon, soy parmesan, and yeast! That’s right yeast. Now I’m no scientist but isn’t yeast a living organism? But for some reason it’s ok to keep this living creature locked in an air tight jar, literally crammed next to millions of their brothers and sisters, then giving them a small taste of freedom by letting them run free on top of your pizza seconds before popping it in the oven baking them alive at temperatures reaching 375 degrees. What monsters!!!

They make soy out to be this magical food from heaven that does nothing but promote healthy living. There are some studies showing that soy is not all it’s cracked up to be. The Food Renegade had a good article about it, you can find it here. Basically soy will give you a higher level of estrogen, destroy your thyroid, and cause digestive problems. Trust me stick with meat, or better yet bacon.

Next week we will wrap up the Vegan Agenda.

By Sean Brett

6 Responses to The Vegan Agenda Part 4: Let Me Soy You Something

1. Aaron says:

this makes me cry for the trillions of little yeasts killed every day by Vegans.

2. Joce says:

I’m a vegetarian who occasionally reads this blog because I’m trying to figure out why on earth bacon is suddenly in everything these days. My girlfriend thinks it has something to do with swine flu hurting the pig farming business (bacon doesn’t say “swine” as much as pork), so the farmers are trying to convince people to sneak bacon into everything to keep their profits high. Who knows, really. All I know is that it’s frustrating to go to a restaurant and have to say “without bacon” as an afterthought to each order.

I digress.

All I really wanted to say was that I agree with you on the soy thing. Soy is actually almost as harmful to the environment than the meat industry. It’s in everything, even many non-edible things, and it’s ruining the rich farming soil that the midwest once had.

To speak to your frustration about high ‘n mighty vegans just imitating meat and calling themselves geniuses, I completely understand. The problem lies in the fact that many people who go veg in their adult lives have been raised with the accent of meat in all of their meals. It’s a hard transition when all of one’s food suddenly lacks the savory addition one once ate guilt-free.

I will admit freely that I miss the taste of meat. I wish steak grew on trees instead of cows, but that’s just never going to be a reality. I’m Italian, so sausage was a main food group of mine for awhile. And yes, I loved bacon. But if it’s any consolation, veggie bacon is crumbly, dry, and only has hints of that juicy, bacony flavor. So give us a break, we’re trying our best to stick to our convictions, and if that leads us to eat “Chik’n” buffalo wings, then so be it.

Joce,

Wow, thanks for you well thought out and intelligent comment! When I read the first line and saw you where a vegetarian, I thought it was going to be a hate filled comment.

You do make a good point about vegetarian choose to be that way late in life so that would explain why you try to replicate meat in your diet. I also like that you also get frustrated with “high ‘n mighty vegans” :)

About bacon being so popular, it’s always been that way. Now you notice it more since we have blogs to share our love for it.

I’m glad you enjoy our blog.

4. Joce says:

Oh, I agree that it’s been popular for quite awhile, but there has been an upsurge in its popularity in the last year. It’s always been popular in places like Applebee’s and other things like that, but lately it’s become a sort of high-end cuisine. I live in the wine country, so I spend a lot of time gazing at the outside menus of resort restaurants cursing the prices, and lately I’ve been cursing the bacon more than the expense. You see, I can’t even wish to be able to afford fine dining anymore because it would be pointless for a vegetarian to enter such a restaurant. My theory is that chef’s are fighting back against the spread of vegetarianism by cooking the most carnage-filled cuisine possible. Sigh, guess I’ll go to Whole Foods again…

PS: Vegetarians actually get more flack from vegans than carnivores because we apparently are only sort of committed to the cause. It’s like being a bisexual in a crowd of lesbians or a liberal Christian in Texas. Besides, I’m more a of a pescatarian. Everyone hates me.

5. bacon knight says:

I really have no problems with vegetarians. They seem to be a lot more laid back and tolerant. But when it comes to vegans and groups like PETA they need but out of peoples lives.

6. agent says:

I work in a VERY vegan oriented bakery that carries all sorts of “healthy” stuff. (a lot which is not really healthy, but “hey it’s vegan!”) Anyway… just wanted to point out that the yeast you would describe to go on a pizza is inactive (read= DEAD. SHOCKER!! Those vegan murderers!!) ;p
    Nutritional yeast (or “vegetarian support formula”) is quite often used to make cheeses or sprinkled on popcorn, etc. I have no idea how it tastes, as I can’t get past the smell of it.

Just give me the real stuff, thanks.