If you’re a member of the Bacon Nation on Facebook you probably heard about Aaron Tucker ordering (I mean sending his wife to get him) a Bacon Oreo Blizzard at Dairy Queen. Well here is the full behind the blizzard look at what went down that day.

Here is the story from Aaron:

I had written to our town’s DQ a few weeks ago about the Bacon Oreo Blizzard and they said, “If we’ve got the ingredients, we’ll put it in a Blizzard!”

So I sent my wife to pick up a Bacon Oreo Blizzard at Dairy Queen. I didn’t think she was going to do it because she said she’d be so embarrassed.

She drove up to the window and said, “This is going to sound weird.”

The voice from the box said, “OK?!”

“My husband said that the manager told him you could make him an Oreo Blizzard with bacon in it. That’s what I want.”

There was silence for a few seconds, and the voice in the box said, “You want an Oreo Blizzard with bacon? That sounds kinda good actually.”

So, with that out of the way she ordered herself a little chocolate Blizzard and drove up to the window. What she didn’t expect was to see was the manager running up to the window screaming, “Is he here? Is he here? We want to see him! He’s got balls!”

My wife just sat there in shock. Another employee came to the window to see what was going on.

“We’ve been waiting forever for your husband to come and order it,” the manager said. “We’re all excited in here. Can I get a picture of it before we give it to you?”

The manager disappeared for a minute to take pictures of the Bacon Oreo Blizzard and another employee arrived at the window to complete the transaction and also asked where I was. They were pretty disappointed that I hadn’t shown up in person.

After a bit more waiting, they (the manager and two employees) brought out the Bacon Oreo Blizzard and the chocolate Blizzard and asked my wife if she was going to try it for them right there.

She said, “No, I’ll let my husband try it first,” and she drove home as fast as the law allowed. She called me on the way to let me know that I was very famous at DQ even though I’ve never been there personally.

Minutes later I was in possession of the first and only DQ Bacon Oreo Blizzard the world has ever seen. The first thing we did was take pictures. By the time I got to enjoy it, it was starting to melt over the edges of the cup. Every bite was loaded with Oreo and bacon. I had no idea the bacon would stay so crunchy! It was awesome!

The Dairy Queen Manager wrote almost immediately and asked if I liked it. I sent back pictures and my thoughts. I also mentioned that I’d really love a bacon peanut butter cup Blizzard and a Bacon Peanut Buster Parfait. I hope they try it too!

I don’t know what’s funnier, the managers reaction or the fact that he sent his wife to get it for him. On Bacon LIVE this week Aaron gave us a few updates on the DQ bacon situation. I guess the corporate office frowns upon using bacon in Blizzards because of some kind of cross contamination that could happen. So before you go walking in to a DQ asking for a Bacon Oreo Blizzard make sure they have a cool manager that likes to bend the rules a little.

I would like to thank Aaron for sharing this story with us. Be sure to “like” the Bacon Nation page on Facebook so you can get more of his DQ bacon updates.

16 Responses to Ordering a Bacon Oreo Blizzard at Dairy Queen makes you a Celebrity

1. Greg Givan says:

I’m not sure I understand the corporate position here… its not like its RAW bacon?!

I demand answers!

2. baconpocket says:

light bulb. the sonic on my drive home has a note in the corner of the menu that says something like “add bacon to any menu item for x dollars.” i’ll share if i have success.

Givan,

I agree, I don’t understand it either. Aaron said he emailed corp about it so hopefully he lets us know what they say soon! I really want to see them put this on the menu.

BaconPocket, Yes let us know.

I love these stories of people ordering bacon or things that usually don’t have bacon a public restaurants. The Bacon Nation is starting to get very vocal. I love it!

4. bacon knight says:

I think when it comes to cross cotamination they are worried that people like vegatarins and some religions might get upset.

5. Aaron says:

No official word yet. The cross-contamination comment came from another DQ employee on the official DQ blog, but not from someone who makes the rules.

YES, SONIC says they’ll add bacon to anything for 69 cents, but I really don’t like their ice cream. in Texas anyway, they’re all nasty and gritty. DQ is the only place to get the creamy goodness you can depend on. I’ve had Frostys from several states and they aren’t even as consistent as DQ soft-serve.

6. Jonathon says:

I regularly order chocolate bacon sundaes and bacon oreo McFlurries from McDonalds, but I’ll be sure to remember this next time I’m at Dairy Queen.

7. Jeff says:

Cross contamination would mean something was contaminated to begin with and shouldn’t be served. The only thing I can think of is contaminating someone else’s Blizzard, the utensils would have to be washed.

8. Doug says:

And Aaron has on that cool bacon shirt too. I check that site everyday for the next cool bacon shirt.

9. [...] Ordering a Bacon Oreo Blizzard at Dairy Queen makes you a Celebrity [...]

10. Mike says:

And to think I know a celebrity and I didn’t even know he was famous! Man, Aaron can I have your autograph on a piece of bacon so I can sell it on eBay?

11. [...] those just don’t pack enough calories to get through the day, you can always try getting a Bacon Oreo Blizzard at Dairy [...]

12. Blain Gunter says:

I don’t think you can call it the first and only. I use to regularly get bacon in an Oreo McFlurry which is the same thing, except instead of an ecstatic reaction like the one you got… I got nasty looks.

13. Aaron Tucker says:

Wait, when did I do this? O wait, that must have been some other Aaron Tucker.

14. Only reason corporate frowns upon it is because of Muslims and Jews who can’t (aka pretend to not be able to when really they would never know the difference and are probably going to hell anyways {not saying muslims and jews are going to hell because of their religion, only because that in todays society people are so corrupt morally, the majority of us in the modern world will probably go to hell, muslims, jews, and christians alike} so whats a lil bacon residue going to hurt)  eat bacon, not even a little, not even any pork products or anything that comes into contact with pork products, IE: bacon……
    I like the idea of just doing it anyways unless it affects the flavor of future blizzards

15. SCOTT says:

Don’t be troll!!! This site isn’t about your opinions about other peoples appearances. Go away!

16. Rarg says: