One of my favorite style sandwiches are Paninis, so I was happy to find out that there was a whole blog dedicated to them. PaniniHappy.com has been going strong for a few years now and they cover just about every kind of Panini you can dream up.
Last year they posted about a Bacon and Peaches Panini. You would think that peaches and bacon wouldn’t mix well but Kathy, author of the blog, thought otherwise.
I had a hunch that peaches would taste great with bacon and it turned out to be true. It’s that sweet-savory thing I just can’t get enough of.
Not having my own Panini press I have not been able to try this out but I am going to take Kathy’s word for it. Give that she is an expert an all. Check out here blog for more Panini ideas and amazing photos of them.
Bacon & Peaches Panini
- 1-2 large yellow peaches, pitted and sliced
- 4 slices bacon, fully cooked
- Fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced (as much as you like)
- French baguette, sliced crosswise into 5″ sections OR ciabatta rolls (I would not recommend sliced breads)
- Preheat the Panini grill to medium-high heat (375°F).
- For each sandwich: Halve the bread lengthwise. In between the halves, layer on the cheese, two slices of bacon and as many peaches as will fit neatly inside the bread.
- Grill 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are a few more bacon recipes from Kathy:
Let me know if you try and of these out or were I can get a cheap Pinini press in Pittsburgh.