While browsing the web (for bacon) I found a great recipe for Maple-Bacon Corn Muffins and I just had to share it with you. I know this recipe idea has been done a few time before, but the images that go along with this rendition are great!
For me bacon is not just meat candy, it’s eye candy and I am a sucker for it. I love seeing pictures of food and I am not alone in this fetish. There are sites (This is Why Your Fat) and TV shows (Iron Chef) dedicated to “food porn“, and I am not talking about the kind of porn that has sexual content so this stuff is safe for work. Just be careful what you type in to Google when your looking for it.
When I found this recipe the reason I feel in love with it was because of the photo bellow. Looking at a pile of perfectly cooked bacon bits just makes my day. After you’er done drooling, be sure to check out the story behind recipe and more photos at Sommer Collier’s blog “A Spicy Perspective”.
Maple-Bacon Corn Muffins
- 4 oz. bacon
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tb. baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400*. Heat a skillet to medium-high. Chop the bacon and cook until slightly crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set the skillet aside.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Whisk in the milk and eggs, followed by the melted butter, maple syrup and 1/4 cup bacon grease.
- Stir the bacon pieces back into the mixture.
- Place muffin liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the mixture into the liners. Bake for 15 minutes—until golden.
- Remove from the muffin tin and serve warm! Makes 12.
Recipe by Sommer Collier “A Spicy Perspective“