This week’s weekend cooking is “Feta Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts”. Beth and I both thought that the recipe was great. I just added an extra strip to each chicken breast. Beth asked me, “Why do you always have to add more bacon”? I must of gave her the crazy eye, because after she said that she took one step back. Never question a man about his pork belly.
Feta Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min | Ready In: 45 Min
What you need:
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices feta cheese
- 8 slices bacon, fried and drained
Putting it all together:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix together. Place chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour oil mixture over chicken.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1 slice feta cheese and 2 slice bacon. Secure open sides with toothpicks.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
This recipe is based off one from AllRecipes.com