This weeks “Weekend Cooking” is a recipe that Oscar Myers sent me to use with there Super Thickcut Bacon. Sadly I didn’t have their bacon so I used another great brand Nueske’s.
This is a great side dish for just about anything. It’s sweet, savory, and buttery. Beth and I thought they if we add diced potatoes to the mix it could almost be a meal in itself. Give this one a try and let us know what you think about it.
Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
Prep Time: 10 min. Total Time: 40 min. Makes: 6 servings
- 1 lb. Brussele sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 slices of applewood bacon cut in to 1 inch strips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red onions
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400F
- Toss sprouts with oil, place in a shallow pan bake 20 min
- Meanwhile cook bacon and onions in a skillet on medium heat until bacon starts to turn brown, drain off grease
- Add bacon mixture to sprouts, stir.
- Bake 5 to 10 min or until sprouts are tender and golden brown
- Stir in vinegar and pepper
Adapted from a recipe from Oscar Myers (all we did was add more bacon). Beth took that amazing photo of this recipe!