As the summer BBQ season is getting ready to kick off and can’t help shedding a single tear for the lack of bacon. With people leaving their kitchen and heading to the back yard bacon gets left in the fridge.
It’s not that people eat less bacon in the summer, it’s because the traditional cook out food is prepared on a grill or over an open fire. Hot dogs, BBQ chicken, and burgers take main stage and the only time you find any bacon is when your crazy aunt makes her bacon potato salad.
That’s just not good enough. Here at MrBaconpants.com we have devoted countless minutes coming up with a way to make bacon the star of the backyard cookout, and I think we might have done it.
The Heart Attack Snack
- Kabob sticks
- First hard boil the eggs. (As many as you want, have fun with it.) When done, peel the eggs making sure to remove all the bits of shell.
- You will now need to cook the bacon. Place bacon in skillet on low heat. (You will need about 1 strip per egg.) Cook the bacon until it very crispy. When the bacon is done carefully remove it from the pan and let it cool on some paper towels to absorb the grease. When bacon is cool crumble it in to small pieces.
- Put the eggs on the kabob sticks so they resemble a lollipop.
- Coat the eggs with a layer of mayonnaise.
- Roll the mayo covered egg in the bacon crumbles completely incasing the egg in bacon.
- Enjoy the Heart Attack Snack!!!!!
This simple snack is about to be seen at every BBQ from New York to California. Move over macaroni salad, potato chips, and bug juice and make room for bacon!!
By Sean Brett