nobacon

Rocco “Boss Hog” Loosbrock, owner of Coastal Vineyard’s (the people that bring you the bacon of the month club and Bacon Freak) should be exiled from the Bacon Nation. I know this may sound harsh, but here are my reasons why:

• False advertising: On Rocco’s Facebook page it states, “… my ONLY priority is seeking out and finding the world’s finest and freshest, Blue Ribbon award winning, premium quality bacon…”, but when you join the club all your get is their brand of low quality bacon. Real bacon of the month clubs would feature bacon from Vande Rose Farms and Beelers, NOT Boss Hog’s liquid smoke injected mystery meat.
  • No Original Ideas: Bacon Freak adds nothing to the bacon community, but he enjoys taking from it. For instance, look at his new product Bacon Season Salt, remind you of anything? I wonder how long it’s going to take for Bacon Freak to come out with a Bacon Lollipop. He has also taken content from my site and did not post a link back (that’s just bad blogging karma).
  • Over Priced Merchandise: Check out Bacon Freak’s bacon novelty store. Everything is way over priced. You can find bacon band-aids for under $5 most places, but Bacon Freak is selling his for over $9.
  • Shady: The three points above support this one. Bacon Freak is a shady character that is just trying to find any way possible to profit from bacon. Don’t get me wrong. I would love to make a living talking and blogging about bacon, but I want to achieve that goal while maintaining principles and producing a great product. I don’t think Bacon Freak cares much about principles or greatness.

You can agree with me or disagree, but I am just trying to cut that fat. We don’t need shady opportunistic jerks giving the Bacon Nation a bad name. We are a friendly and supportive community, and when someone takes advantage of that we need to strike back to make sure our community stays strong for our never ending quest to enjoy bacon.

15 Responses to Bacon Freak Should Be Exiled

1. Aaron says:

You need banners for an anti-BaconFreak campaign!

Check this out!

Bacon Freak just posted this image without sourcing were it came from: http://baconfreak.com/blog/2008/12/22/494/

BaconToday posted this image the correct way: http://bacontoday.com/the-bacon-flowchart/

Proof of him stealing from me:

Bacon Freak posts a story about the game Pass the Pig using my graphic (not a big deal just give me a link back) and blatantly copies my content. I can tell because he posted the rule “Lazy Pig: The pig is lying on its side – 0 Points” See it here: http://baconfreak.com/blog/2008/11/10/playing-in-the-pig-pen/

That is a rule that I made up! There is no Lazy Pig rule in any Pass the Pig rule book anywhere. Again not a big deal if he would have linked back.

Here he is using my graphic again, I can tell me because I photoshopped the bacon in the top left inside the vending machine.

The photo in this post it one that I took with my own camera. http://baconfreak.com/blog/2008/11/11/hog-in-daze-bows-to-its-bacon-master/

There are many more examples but I think you get the picture now. He takes from everyone in the Bacon Nation. I wouldn’t mind if he just gave people a link back.

3. Aaron says:

And for Bacon Seasoning… there’s not even any info about the product, or nutritional information. IT’s probably sawdust and bacon grease.

Aaron, that is a great idea. With people like you fighting the good fight. This will be a quick online feud, with the Bacon Nation being the victor.

Haha… Your probably right about it being bacon flavored sawdust.

5. Aaron says:

All the images ripped, that’s just bad blogging. I almost joined the Bacon of the Month club years ago…but luckily I lived in Austin where the bacon options were extremely good.

6. Jason – I did a little research after I read your post and you’re going to love this one. On Oct 28th, 2008 I blogged about Father’s Country Hams product, Father’s Piglets, and this is the image that I posted it was taken from Father’s Country Hams website:

On Feb. 9th, 2009, BaconFreak debuted a new product called, guess what? Piglets. What picture did he use?

I wonder if he stole this idea too?

MetalChick666,

Thanks for giving me this information.

The only way to justify this is if Rocco got them to repackage there product for sale on his site. Companies do that sometimes but giving Rocco’s track record this looks a little shady.

8. Aaron says:

I want to see a whole line of MrBaconPants products NOW! Get to work on that.

I wonder if they would repackage the product for me? It would be nice to have a Mr. Baconpants product line. I will to not over charge for it like some people do ;)

10. So I emailed Father’s Country Hams and they do indeed make this product for Bacon Freak, so that’s all legit. Still sucks that he’s not crediting you for your pics and content though.

11. Aaron says:

lol I wrote them too ..no response yet. I also requested more information on custom branded products.

12. [...] time investment, I really want to make sure its a good solid idea. I don’t want to be the next Rocco and just push out crappy bacon products to try and make a buck. I want to make bacon products that come from the [...]

13. [...] those who don’t know why I distrust Rocco please read my post about how I wanted him exiled from the Bacon Nation. He stole my content and posted it on his own website like it was his own. What makes it worse is [...]

14. [...] know why there is bad blood between me and Racco (owner of BF). If not the long story shorts is, he stole my content and he sells really bad bacon. He’s a sleazy sales man trying to cash in on peoples love of [...]