While I was browsing though Youtube today, I found a video about Chicken Fried Bacon. It seems that a restaurant called Sodolak’s Original Country Inn in Snook, TX is cooking this stuff up. I have heard of people making this before, but this is the first time I have seen it being sold at a restaurant.

About 1:25 into the video you will see how owner Frank Sodolak came up with the idea. This guy is a true bacon lover.

Frank says, eating chicken fired bacon is as American as eating apple pie. Tell me what you think about this amazing new appetizer.

10 Responses to Chicken Fried Bacon with Gravy

1. Canfield72 says:

My wife and I went to Sodalaks this past spring. We drove for 2 hours from Houston to find this small treasure. The video doesn’t do the smell and taste justice. It was beyond awesome, it was terrifying. I don’t eat the best things for your health, but this took the bacon. It was the first time that I had ever thought to myself, “This is so tasty, but I may be doing irreversable harm to myself”…. The combination of perfect country gravy with thhe crunchy texture and velvety bacon/ fried batter was too good to explain. We could only eat a half order because I kept envisioning my arteries pumping a full load of grease and gravy. Then we had a ribeye apiece, and drank Miller Lite abck to Houston. Perfect day.

@Chanfield72,
    You are so lucky! I would have finished the whole plate… :)

Thanks for the insight on this place. From the video it looked like a place that would have good food.

3. PopeBacon says:

There’s a bar in Seattle which also serves the Holy Chicken Fried Bacon with Gravy. “Twilight Exit”. It is every bit as good as it sounds.

@PopeBacon
    I was just in Seattle, why didnt I know about this sooner! :(

5. The popularity of Chicken Fried Bacon has spread since this video was released. Chicken Fried Bacon won the best taste contest at the Texas State Fair this year. I just wish there was some place in my area that served this, I would love to try it!

Bacon and Skulls girl,
    I saw that the video was from 2006 after I posted this. So I thought oops I bet I am late hearing this news :(

But some good news. I just found out that a restaurant in Pittsburgh has it! So I am going to try it tomorrow. I am going to do a big post about it and everything!

I hope it doesn’t kill me.

7. You have to let me know how it is! What place serves it? I’m so jealous.

8. [...] going was the thrill of setting a world record and bacon. They ate a 7,000 calorie a day diet of deep fried bacon, cheese and huge chunks of butter. So, all you Nutritionist can shove that up your pie [...]

9. [...] year I told you about a video I found that featured Chicken Fried Bacon. Well last month I found out a local Pittsburgh restaurant, the Harris Grill, had it on the menu. [...]

10. Scott Thomas says:

I live in Florida, after watching this, my and friend cooked some of our own CFB, he enjoyed yet felt very guilty. it was way to heavy for me.