This week I will be heading to Seattle to take video and photos of a conference my day job (sorry, I am not doing to tell you where I work, people get fired for doing that) is putting on. I will be there for 5 days so that should be enough time to find and enjoy bacon in Seattle.

Like other trips I will be updating my twitter and flickr accounts throughout the trip. That way if I find any pressing bacon news on my trip you will not be left out. This is the first time I will be in this city so I’m pretty excited about it.

If you live in the area let me know if there are any places (like the Archie McPhee store) I need to check out. I will have access to the internet so just leave a comment or email me your suggestions.

Also, when I get back next week I have some big bacon news about new products I am making by hand. I think everyone is going to enjoy them and I plan to sell them on this site. Just in time for that bacon lover on your Holiday shopping list.

10 Responses to Packing the Baconpants for My Trip to Seattle

1. todd says:

they have this thing called grudge rock in seattle. guys wear flannel shirts and long underwear with shorts. it’s awesome.

haha… if I see someone wearing that I am going to take a photo of them just for you ;)

3. Twinkie says:

Actually, we don’t wear flannels anymore… we wear REI jackets and Uggs. Although, Mr. Baconpants probably won’t be seeing any of that since, mostly likely, he’ll be downtown for his conference. He’ll probably see lots of people in Black overcoats and high-heeled black boots. Don’t bring your umbrella, or it will mark you as an “out of towner.” Bring a good hat… the rain out here is misty anyways.

I hear it’s flooding there in Seattle. Maybe you could go for a boat ride down Main St. And don’t forget to check out the local brew.

Its stopped raining to I think the flooding is going to be fine. But I here is was bad in the suburbs.

I am having a nice time here, its a really nice city!

6. Emily says:

Glad to hear it’s a decent city! It’s going to be a stop on my cross country road trip, even though it’s totally out of the way.

7. Twinkie says:

I think you didn’t give Seattle a chance… Bacon-wise. You went to the old tourist standbys didn’t you? The Market (meh) and the Space Needle (double-meh)…you can’t expect superior Baconry in such touristy places. If you had walked UNDER the Market (past the Wall of Gum) you would’ve found the Alibi Room. For sure some culinary Bacon would have been found there!! You must seek to find the best bacon!! I should’ve suggested Luna Park (dammit!!) or the Alibi Room on my last post. My Bad.. I’ve done my town wrong.

Come back. Give us one more chance??

@Twinkie

I think you did! You should have told me this before. I did like Seattle so might come back for a vacation or something. But it is a loooooong flight so I don’t know how soon I will be back.

I did go under the market and found a nice towny looking bar. It had cheap food and beer. My kinda hangout. But I can’t remember the name of it… I had a few before I got there… hehe.

9. [...] I was in Seattle last week I got the chance to visit two of the breweries that were downtown, Elysian and Pike. I also was [...]

10. [...] my trip to Seattle I had a lot to talk about. I found that Seattle was lacking a love for bacon. Also, Sean and I get [...]