It seems the more technology advances, the more we become dependent on it. I am no exception. Just the other day I was thinking, “If I was about to lose everything (not people but tangible goods) and could only save five things, what would they be”? Well, here is the list I came up with.

Macbook – Without my computer I would not be able to make a living, this would be the first thing I would grab. It has most of my information and software I use on a daily basis.

Smart Phone (Centro) – We live in a world where it’s important to always be connected. On days I leave my phone at home, I feel naked and lost all day. Once you get a smart phone you never want to go back to a normal one. If you haven’t made the plunge yet, don’t. It’s like a drug; you just keep checking your email and twitter every second of the day.

Wii – I would grab this because sometimes you just need to unwind from a rough day and play some Mario Galaxy. I don’t know if I would want to live in a world without Mario.

Sirius Radio – Terrestrial radio sucks compared to satellite radio. Sirius actually plays new music and there is a station dedicated to indie/college rock. Even the News/Sports talk radio is better. My radio was out of commission for a few weeks and I was losing my mind listening to the local stations. I need my Sirius.

Dodge Neon – Okay, before you make fun of me about my car I would just like to say that they were the only dealership in Pittsburgh that would sell me a car. It’s not the car I want, but it was the only thing I could get at the time. The reason I would take it is because without it everything would be more difficult. My car is the largest piece of technology I own.

Feel free to share some of technology you couldn’t live without and the reasons why. I am really interested in what in people say.

13 Responses to Five pieces of technology I could not live without

1. Beth says:

The FLOC!

I think your car is the second biggest piece of technology you own, after that huge monitor you have now.

(nerd)

Long live the FLOC!

Yes my monitor is bigger then my TV, but not my car! ;)

(wannabe nurd)

OK so I Goggled FLOC and can’t find like this giant monitor thing man.What the FLOC is it.
    I would need a food replicator,
    cell phone,transporter,Phaser and a GPS.

4. Beth says:

Haha! The FLOC is a facebook group for Fans of Left of Center, which is the hippest station on Sirius satellite radio.

I don’t know what a food replicator is, but it sounds useful. I would pick my cell phone (EnV), computer (crappy laptop), iPod (Touch), air conditioner, and refrigerator.

5. beth says:

ahhhhh! Creepy! Big brother is watching me!

I noticed that

I think China is messing with my comments! Damn Commies!!

8. Matt G says:

My parents got me a GPS for christmas, and at the time I felt that I would never use it.

Now though, I practically can’t even get to work anymore w/out it.

It’s made me dumb and i’m entirely dependant on it.

I also like my IPOD alot. Especially now that I can download apps for it. It’s probably the sexiest thing I own.. after my face of course.

9. Emily says:

Oh you have room to talk about Communists Mosley! Censoring my comments on here! :P

10. todd says:

what does this have to do with bacon?

Its too deep for you to understand todd… ;)

12. Sharon says:

I dunno…Im not sure if I would consider the car an electronic piece of equipment…but it does have electronic parts :) So what would your 6th piece be if you took out the car? BTW- That BLT sandwich looks like the nicest one I’d ever seen…The bacon is perfectly crisp..and you can see the mayo…yum Sharon