porkslap.jpg

Today I got an email from a guy in Vermont named Mike. He wanted to tell me about a beer with a logo I might like. It’s called PorkSlap Pale Ale and it’s brewed by Butternuts Beer and Ale in upstate New York. It’s their interpretation of the English Pale Ale. Mike tells me it’s pretty good and that if I can find it I should give it a try. He also had this to say about the logo.

Get a load of the PorkSlap logo – amazing!”� -Mike

I went to the website to view this masterful logo. To my surprise I did think the logo was pretty great. It’s two pigs bumping bellies or it could be two pigs about to give each other high fives. Whatever is going on I like it. I don’t know how I feel about a micro brew putting it’s beer in a can. They do have a video explaining that so I might be able to forgive them, if the beer is good.

8 Responses to PorkSlap Pale Ale

1. The logo is cute- but unless it tastes like bacon I won’t be drinking it. I feel that wine or coffee is best suited for eating bacon. Of course if it is really flavorful bacon and not run of the mill grocery bacon- water is good. Then of course a coca cola goes well with bacon pizza.

I had bacon flavored beer, its not as good as you think it would be.

3. They have this beer over here in NYC at Crif Dogs, who also happen to have varieties of bacon-wrapped deep fried hot dogs. I’ve heard that the Good Morning – A Bacon Wrapped Dog Smothered with Melted Cheese & a Fried Egg is the best but the online reviews I’ve read of the beer is not so good.

The beer is in a can so I can imagine it being any good ;)

5. Emily says:

I haven’t been in Crif Dogs in ages! I should go there this month when I visit.

And Mosley you are such a beer snob. :P

6. Adam says:

Bacon beer?! Excellent!! After all I was very impressed after trying the bacontini.

7. Gary says:

HUGE fan of this beer – really really top notch for something different. I guess there’s no accounting for taste, though… haha

8. Lou Petruzzello says:

I was at the local pub which has 28 different micro-brews on tap.I had just had 3 guiness or is that guinie and I was thinking of having a pabst in the can.I told a friend suprise me and I got this orange can of Porkslap pale ale.I had three of those and it was magic.Cold and refreshing with a bit of hops.My friend joked with me as I asked what’s in that beer.He said,’ they use Pork rinds”.Whatever it’s a fine brew in a can that quenchs your thirst on a hot summer night.