spicybaconator.jpg

The PR guy for Wendy’s emailed me a few days ago about their new burger, the Spicy Baconator. He also told me that he was sorry I wasn’t a bigger fan of the Original. He thinks that this one may tickle my fancy more. I will not have time to try one this week, but once I do I will let you know about it.

If you’re wondering what this new extreme bacon burger is all about here is the run down. Just like the first Baconator this one has six strips of (hopefully crispy) bacon on top of two hamburgers. What make it spicy is the addition of two slices of Pepper Jack cheese, chipotle ranch sauce, and jalapenos. Wow that’s a lot of hot.

It is available now through mid-April. If you have tried one of these spicy monsters let me know what you think about it. Since the fine people at Wendy’s read this blog, I am sure they will hear your screams of joy (or pain).

17 Responses to The Spicy Baconator is Extreme

1. Dave says:

Wendy’s Spicy Baconator is one of the best bacon cheeseburgers I’ve ever had. Dave Thomas would be proud.

My full review is here. Feel free to link to it if you like.

@dave

Thanks for the heads up. When I get a chance I will have to check out your review!

3. I just had this yesterday, and man, I love spicy…and this was right up my alley, prob. the hottest, best burger I’ve ever had.

Enjoy!

I glad to hear that Wendy’s might have done bacon justice this time. I plan on trying one this weekend. I will let you both know if I agree.

5. Bryn says:

This burger is possibly the most powerful laxative known to man. It doesn’t taste very spicy going in, but it feels very, very spicy coming out. I seriously haven’t eaten something in a long time that made me feel this awful. File under “Biological warfare”.

@Bryn,

Haha! “but it feels very, very spicy coming out.” I almost lost it when I read that.

Sorry for laughing at your pain.

7. joe says:

this thing is legit! i had it today, and man it hits the spot. its spicy as hell and the chipotle sauce was really good. 5 out of 5!

8. Yesss says:

Just ate it! Loved it. Found this site while researching what the sauce was. Probably the best bacon cheeseburger I have had for sure! Good Stuff!!

9. [...] a bit curious what the hell the burger getting a raise meant, either way the comments at the blog Mr. Bacon Pants (I kid you not) all chime in saying that this is a solid burger – “Probably the best bacon [...]

10. sparkchaser says:

Just had one for lunch. Not Baconatory enough and not spicy enough. Would have been 5x better with peppered bacon.

11. Kyle says:

So I was all pumped up to try this burger, even driving out of my way to stop at Wendy’s. Apparently, the person who took my order didn’t hear me say ‘Spicy’ and gave me a normal Baconator. Needless to say I was pretty bummed out when I got home and opened it up.

Kyle,

That’s to bad… I hear its really good.

I plan on having one this weekend. I have a head cold at the moment so I dont want to eat one now. I might not be able to teste it. But then again the Hotness might help clear out my nose.

13. Joe B. says:

Best. Burger. Ever.

14. Ian says:

Wish they’d bring it back, I’m eating a normal baconator right now at work and it just isn’t the same! Sent the Wendy’s site an email asking them when or if they would….and no reply! So depressing

Ian,

I am checking in on it now. I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks for the heads up!

16. Knux the Fox says:

It wasn’t spicy at all. And only 4 slices of jalapeno? What were these people thinking?! I demand Burger King bring back the Extreme Spicy Tendercrisp, which blows this piece of dumpster gunk away.

17. Jeremy says:

Dearest SPICY Baconator,

“Where, oh where, are you tonight?
    Why did you leave me here all alone?
    I searched the world over, and I thought I’d found true love,
    Then you met another, and PFFT! You was gone!”

PLEASE COME HOME, we miss your spicy goodness…