At work today after I heated up my pasta leftovers in the microwave I spilled them on the floor. It was a tragedy because I was hungry for the rest of the day. A bag of chips and some apple sauce just doesn’t cut it.
Anyway, while I was cleaning up my mess the thought crossed my mind, if this was bacon I would still eat it. So this got me thinking, what are my standards for eating bacon off the floor?
My standards for eating dropped bacon:
– Tiled surfaces that look clean are safe to eat bacon off of.
– Carpeted areas in people homes without pets are safe. Just remember to pick off any fuzz you may find. If they do have pets eat at your own risk.
– Carpeted areas in public places are nasty so just leave your drop bacon behind and keep walking.
– Pavement or Sidewalks are tricky, if it looks like a clean area and that’s enough for you then eat it. But I may have second thoughts because outside animals can urinate anywhere they want.
– Grass or dirt is the worst place to drop bacon, but if there is a dog nearby you may make a new friend.
This is what I could come up with, but I bet there are more standards that I missed. If you think of any feel free to share them.
UPDATE: Matt Gondek from Echoflip.com made a few place suggestions.
– Dropped bacon in the tub – If its your tub eat it, if its someone else leave it.
– Dropped bacon in a car (under the seat) – Would you eat a French fry you found under the seat?
– Dropped bacon in a bowl of cereal – Eat up, you might just invented a new flavor of Lucky Charms.