I while back I wrote a post called, “Nine Things That Are Better with Bacon”. Well, I decided that it might be fun to do the opposite. Please note that I had to add “might” to the title because I don’t know for a fact if this stuff would be weird with bacon. I have yet to try any of it. You never know, maybe some of this stuff will have to be added to my Better with Bacon post.

1.) Jell-O – I have had fruit and carrots in Jell-O, but never bacon. I don’t think it would taste all that good, but then again, maybe with the orange flavored Jell-O it would taste like breakfast.
2.) Ice Cream – It may have the same effect nuts have on a sundae, but mixing pig and ice cream kind of freaks me out.
3.) Biking – People eat Clif Bars while riding their bikes, but something tells me that munching on some greasy bacon would not be pleasant.
4.) Work – You would think bacon would make work better, but it depends who you are. If you’re the person eating it, then yes it does make work better. If you’re the person not eating it and just smelling it, then it will be a long day.
5.) Laundry – Doing laundry with greasy hands is a disaster. Trust me when I say grease stains never come out.
6.) Sleeping – I have never been able to sleep with the smell of bacon lingering in the air.
7.) Self Defense – Trying to stop a mugger with a crispy bacon strip usually ends with bacon crumbs and you losing your wallet.
8.) Dressing Up – It never fails when you’re cooking bacon and wearing a nice shirt, the shirt gets ruined. I always cook my bacon wearing a white t-shirt.
9.) Vegetarians – I find that if you bring bacon around these people they get moody and unpleasant. I think it’s because deep down they wish bacon was a vegetable.

If you can think of anything else that is weird with bacon, leave a comment or send me an email.

8 Responses to Nine Things That Might Be Weird with Bacon

1. Heather says:

Oh man, you are missing out! Bacon ice cream is quite delicious! Not many chefs do it, but if you ever encounter one who does (and they are out there), then you MUST try it. Also, I agree – vegetarians are just jealous. :)

Like I said I put the might because I never tried it yet. But I know I will have to ASAP! I cant see it being that much different then nuts. They are both salty and crunchy.

Matt,
    You’re envious of my bacon fame… ;)

4. Jayne says:

I can’t eat bacon any more because I got sick on black pudding six years ago, and now any red meat makes me throw-uppy.

But I miss bacon. I’m convinced I wouldn’t get sick if I could just lick it, and not actually eat it, but bacon-licking is frowned upon in public places. Don’t ask me why.

Jayne,

That is so sad… :( I hear there is some bacon salt that makes things taste like bacon. And its not made from bacon so that could be you savior!

6. Q says:

I have procured Bacon Salt and it is quite nifty. It is not precisely bacon perfect, but it is still good.

And on the issue of bacon ice-cream. I clipped a recipe out of Gourmet Magazine for bacon ice-cream but I haven’t found anyone with an ice-cream maker who let me place delicious swine in it. Yet.

7. [...] Nine Things That Might Be Weird With Bacon – September 10th, 2007 Favorite Comment: Oh man, you are missing out! Bacon ice cream is quite delicious! Not many chefs do it, but if you ever encounter one who does (and they are out there), then you MUST try it. Also, I agree – vegetarians are just jealous. – Heather [...]