Sometimes when you find a recipe you think, “Man why didn’t I ever think of this”? This is one of those times for me. I found a recipe for Bacon, Cheese and Potato Chowder; this is something that I already should have known about. A baked potato with cheese and bacon tastes amazing, so adding cheese and bacon to cream of potato soup would be a no brainer.
I really like this recipe because it’s so simple to make, anyone can handle three steps. Adding more bacon would be the only thing I would change.
Ingredients (Makes 6 servings)
• 3 cups milk
• 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of potato soup
• 2 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Mix milk and soup in large saucepan. Stir in hash browns. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Ladle into 6 soup bowls.
3. Top evenly with the cheese, bacon and onions.
Recipe from tarahsrecipes.wordpress.com
If you make it, let me know how you like it. Also if I live near you, I will expect an invite to dinner. 😉